Top 10 of her fave children's books heroes. 'From Pippi Longstocking to Huck Finn, a gallery of the naughtiest and most fun kids' heroes from children's books down the decades.' I myself would add:
1) the heroic trinity (Polly + Friday O'Leary + Alan Taylor the biscuit with electric muscles) in Andy Stanton's Mr Gum series;
2) Tom Sawyer and his notions about pirates and circuses (circi?);
3) Moe Willem's Pigeon;
4) Avalanche le Terrible (who ate his horse because the poor animal wasn't receptive enough);
5) Clarice Bean (because she's cool);
6) Joan Aiken's Dido Twite;
7) le Petit Nicolas and his pals (that's Nicholas to ye).
8) Pingu (ok, he's not a book bloke, but we do like him awfully).
What about you? Who are your favourite 'naughtiest and most fun' heroes? And what about a reverse Top 10: the most depressed/depressive heroes in kidlit? Now there's a challenge! Let me get back to you on that one... if I can!