Saturday, January 30, 2010
It is a bit late for New Year Resolutions but I suppose I can hop on to the Chinese New Year train and make that my starting point. So. This year, I should really try and
1) send more manuscripts to the relevant people, not just my writing group (hullo guys!) who're getting sick of reading multiple versions of my cover letters and the like.
2) write one picture book (in French) that nobody has asked me to do and which I have had running in my head for a little while now. (Intrigued? Want to know more? Well, me too, really)
3) find myself an agent
4) find Mad Cap a home (I suppose that's the point of 3) and it's covered by 1) too, but we like Mad Cap so we give her a resolution all to herself)
5) spend a month reading stuff in French, kidlit and otherwise
6) read more non-fiction, it's less depressing than reading excellent children's fiction and it actually helps with the whole creative process thingy.
7) watch the entire Inspector Morse series (thanks Adela!) (and yes, Carla too!)
8) become reasonable and professional and stop saying yes to every project that comes my way
9) secretly translate into French Sandra Boynton's Hippos Go Beserk; it's quite a challenge, but you never know what may come of it (a happy Aidan is one of the things that will come of it, in fact).
10) get up early every morning, have a nice long shower, a relaxing breakfast and do an hour's work before said Aidan wakes up starving and paradoxically full of beans.
11) get real.